2013 Race for the Cure is in full swing!
Here are some great fundraising ideas to try:
1. People connect to personal stories. Why do you participate in Race for the Cure? What is your experience with breast cancer- yourself, a friend, family member? Create a short 3 sentence or so story to share.
2. On your Personal Page, have a brief paragraph about the work the So AZ Komen Affiliate does – $.75 of each dollar donated helps fund grants to local organizations, i.e. St. Elizabeth’s, TMC, American Cancer Center, to name a few – so uninsured and/or under-insured women have access to screening, cancer treatment (surgery, chemo, radiation) and support services (wigs, prosthesis, etc). Last year SAZ Komen funded over $600,000 in grants.
3. This is the Affiliates 15th Anniversary Race for the Cure – ask 15 people for a $15 donation.
4. Create ‘coupon tickets’ and distribute them among your co-workers for a $15 donation.
5. Utilize social media such as Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn. These sites make it easy to ask for donations and allow you to keep others updated on your progress.
6. Visit the businesses you support and ask for donations. Create a handout describing your cause as well as what kind of donations you are seeking (cash, items, services, etc.).
7. Make your Race fundraising personal page fun.
8. Highlight the benefit of tax deduction for charitable donations.
9. Don't forget to thank everyone who donates to your cause!
10. Illustrate your fundraising with a ‘thermometer’ so those contributing see a visual of your success. Include it in your ‘thank you’ email.
11. Create an on-line memorial and request donations in their memory.
Challenge your individual fundraising with incentives!
Receive a commemorative 15th Anniversary lapel pin
Fundraise $500.00 or more
Receive the Commemorative 15th Anniversary lapel pin AND the Commemorative 15th Anniversary bag!
Fundraising Activities for Clubs and in the Office
Click Here for more information.